I have now sustained my weight loss for a long time. I am down to about 215 lbs. give or take, and have been there for a while.
I haven’t fallen off the wagon or gained my weight back.
I have made several changes now, however:
- I no longer practice Intermittent Fasting. This is not in response to anything particular, I just wanted to see what happened. So far nothing appreciable has changed.
- I still lift heavy weights, but I now lift four times per week instead of three. I also have shifted my focus to more hypertrophy, to try to fill in some of the loose skin a little better.
- I still track my intake meticulously through myfitnesspal, but I have loosened up a bit. I don’t have nearly as many “off limit” foods anymore.
- I also strive to maintain a steady balance of Fats in my diet as well, equaling .45g/lb. of bodyweight. This is essential for proper hormonal functioning.
- I also consume ~.82g/lb. of Protein as well.
This was just a short update to let you know that I am still in the fight. Hopefully there will be more to come soon.
Thanks for reading!
I think I am close to returning to the mindspace that allowed me to write in this blog before.
I am still here, plugging away at the weights and keeping the weight off. I am eating quite a bit more calories, and slowly losing more fat while gaining muscle and strength. It really feels great!
I need to think of a good topic for my official return post, so stay tuned!
I know it has been a long time since my last post, and I sincerely apologize for that!
I will be writing an article soon that may help some people achieve their upcoming weight loss resolutions.
In the meantime, jut wanted to let you know that I have been using the time since my last post to build strength, and therefore have upped my caloric intake quite a bit. I am holding steady around 223-225 pounds, but I know that my body fat percentage is still coming down, but much more slowly than before. This has tested my psyche, as I am used to a much more rapid weight loss. To be honest, it freaked me out a little. I am finally coming to terms with the fact that I don’t have to be quite as obsessive as I was in the past regarding my caloric intake, and this has come as a relief (especially during the holidays!).
I am still practicing IF, and still cycling my carbohydrates depending on whether or not it is a training day or not, but the calories have increased quite a bit.
Anyway, I will be back soon with a new article. See you soon!